At one of my cookery lessons, I was showing my class how to make chick pea curry. The discussion led to all the other recipes people could use boiled peas in and a lot of people mentioned humus. One of the learners told me about a recipe by the Curry Guy where he had roasted the chick peas with spices in the Oven. So one lunchtime, I made these garam garam chana to snack on . I owe the inspiration for this recipe to my class and the Curry guy.
This recipe is a lot easier than making Chana jor garam where you have to flatten all the chana before roasting them crisp and serving them like bhel with finely chopped onions.
- 480 gms of boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbls garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbls oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbls chat masala
1. Preheat your oven to 200C (400FGas Mark 6)
2. Make sure that your boiled chickpeas are dry. I boiled and drained mine and then left them to dry on a tea towel for an hour.
3. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients apart from the chick peas.
4. Pour all the spices over the chick peas and stir well
5. Transfer the chick peas on to a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 20 minutes at 200C (400FGas Mark 6).
6. After 10 minutes, stir them with a spoon and allow them to cook for 10 minutes. Check the chick peas and if they are not dry and crunchy – give them 5 more minutes.
7. Enjoy them warm on their own or with finely chopped onions.
Do you have any quick and easy chick pea recipes? Check out my easy recipe for Chick pea curry using tins of chickpeas.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.