Not sure what to call this dish so calling it a pilaf!! This pilaf is great for quick lunches . It’s a mixture of cobbled together using up whatever I had in the cupboard and fridge – couscous, quinoa and bulger with vegetables and nuts.
- 1 cup mixed couscous and quinoa
- ½ mixture of mixed vegetables ( you can use any vegetables)
- handful of cashews
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tbls sunflower oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- some curry leaves
- Boil water in a kettle and add 2 cups to the dry quinoa, bulgar and couscous mixture.
2. Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. Once they go brown – add the mixed vegetables, nuts and some curry leaves.
3. Add the salt, turmeric and the green chilies and mix well.
4. Once the vegetables soften, add the soaked quinoa, bulgar and couscous mixture to the vegetables. Mix this with the vegetables. Add 2 tbls of hot water and cover the saucepan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
5. The mixture is ready to be served hot.
6. Garnish with some nuts and curry leaves and serve.
How spicy do you like your pilaf?
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.