During lockdown, I had bought several cans of various vegetables which I am slowly using up. I had a can of green tuver which would have been perfect for a Lilva curry on its own or lilva and potato curry but my husband suggested stuffed parathas so that what I made in the end.
Ingredients for 8 small parathas:
For the stuffing
- 1 can of green tuver (400 gms)
- 1 small onions – finely chopped
- 1 tbls oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 green chili finely blended
- some coriander finely chopped
For the paratha:
- 2 cups of chappati flour(Atta) plus some for dusting
- 1 cup oil
- ¼ tsp salt
1.Sieve the flour in a mixing bowl, add the salt and 2 tablespoons of oil and mix. Using warm water a little at a time bind the dough and allow it to rest.
2. Empty the can of green tuver and distard the salt water. Wash the green tuver with cold water.
3. Heat a tablespoon of oil and add cumin seeds to it. Once the cumin seeds go dark, add the finely chopped onions and stirfry them. Add some salt, some finely chopped chilies. Now add the washed green tuver and allow it to cook through. Add the coriander and remove the mixture in a bowl and allow it to cool.
4. Once the mixture is cool, you can start making the parathas.
5. Take 2 small balls of dough and roll out small chappatis. You can use a large cookie cutter or saucepan top as a mould to make sure both the chappatis are the same size.
6. Layer the cooked filling on one chappati. Brush the edges with some water and cover this with the second rolled out chappati. Fress the edges using a fork and cook the parathas in a frying pan using minimum oil.
7.Finish making all the parathas and serve them hot with raita.
Here are some more Paratha recipes in the blog you may wish to try out:
- Plain Paratha
- Spicy Parathas with tomato, onion, garlic, ginger & coriander (vegan)
- Vegan parathas with apples
- Quinoa Stuffed parathas
- Paneer stuffed parathas
- Aloo Parathas
Lilva and lentil can also be used for making kachoris.
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook, Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.