Jump to Recipe
I am sure you all have small amounts of fruit and vegetables leftover at the weekend and you wonder what to do with them as you replenish your fridge with freshly bought shopping. A lot of my soups or chutneys and even pizzas got created using up the odd things left in my fridge. This week I had lots of tomatoes, peppers and some chilies left over so I created this hot and tangy relish.
By the way, I’m trying out a new way to present recipes. I know many of you view this site on your phones or print off recipes, which really inspires me to write more. This new method should look better on phones and offer a simple print view (try it out!). I’d really love your feedback on this – please let me know if it works for you.
Other accompaniment recipes from my blog are listed below:
- Sweet corn salsa
- Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes and Passion Fruit Salsa (vegan)
- Onion and tomato relish/salad
- Pomegranate salad with orange dressing
- Pomegranate and apple salsa
- Spicy salad or sambharo
- Carrots, raw mango and green chillies pickle with mustard
- Raw papaya and chilies Stir fry called sambharo
Tomato, Mango and Kenyan Chilies Relish - Fridge Clear-out Relish
- 4-5 medium Ripe tomatoes chopped
- half mango grated
- 6-7 fresh Kenyan chilies
- half cuo pasatta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbls Splenda or any sugar substitute
- small bunch coriander
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 pepper Sliced
- Transfer all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook until the tomatoes and peppers go soft. Take this off the heat and allow to cool
- Blend the mixture to your liking and enjoy. I like to leave it very slightly coarse
If you have a hunger for Authentic Vegetarian Food then subscribe to my blog and receive delectable recipes and new Innovative foodie updates! Hungry for more Vegetarian Tips ? LIKE us on facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Instagram. All the recipes are with step by step instructions and photographs and all of them have been tried, tested, easy to cook and delicious.
If you are interested in one to one or group cookery lessons, or any corporate team building events – email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.