I bought these vegan soft tacos to serve chili in but ended up using them to make a quick concoction of my version of bhel. Well most of my Gujarati friends will make bhel out of any ingredients they have in the house. The bhel has to be spicy as well as crunchy.
- Chick peas and potato curry – Recipe here
- Sev noodles – Can use ready made or Recipe here
- 1 large onion grated finely
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Fresh lemon to taste
1. Make the chick peas and potato curry. Make it hot and spicy as well as sweet and sour.
2. Heat the soft tacos in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees C. (gas mark 4 or 180 degrees F. Make sure that the tacos are crunchy.
3. Fill the tacos to your taste. I added the chick pea and potato curry, topped it with sev noodles, grated onions, pomegranate seeds and lemon to taste. The crunchy tacos with the spicy fillings make a perfect snack.
So who loves making bhel using baked beans?
Disclaimer: This post and recipe is shared as I liked the product. I was not paid or sent any free samples by the company. The views and comments are mine.